Some Key Figures from our Year End Report
So we’ve recently completed our year-end report to the Big Lottery on the progress our project has made so far and we thought it was news worth sharing with you. Over the last 4 years we have contributed towards:
- A massive 74% reduction in first time entrants to the criminal justice system
- A 22% reduction in those young people not in education, training or employment
- 557 young people telling us that through our work they’re now more aware of services available to them and how to access them
- All of the young people we’ve worked with reporting an increase in their self-confidence
- We’ve recruited and trained 35 volunteers, over 80% of whom have gone on to further education, training or employment and have gained new social networks and feel less isolated within their communities
We have also supported 20 young people facing homelessness. Our staff and mentors have worked with them to either remove the risk and be able to stay in the family home, into supported accommodation, put all benefits in place and support them into education, training or employment.
We’re sure that you’ll agree that those are figures worth shouting about.
It has to be said that we couldn’t achieve the things that we do without our brilliant partners, amazing volunteers and our Your Voice Board. Thank you to you all for your continued support and input, helping us to make a real difference to the lives of young people and the wider community.